Deacons wear a white dress (kutino) and an uroro ‘stole’ in various shapes according to their rank.
- Singers (mzamrono) wear the kutino without the uroro.
- Readers (qoruyo) wear the uroro in the form of a Cross.
- Subdeacons (apodyaqno) wear the uroro folded around the neck.
- Deacons (shamosho) wear the uroro over the left shoulder, on either side like wings.
- Archdeacons (archedyaqno) wear the uroro round the neck. They also wear a zenoro and zende similar to priests.
Go to: From The Deacon’s Desk posts