Rev. Fr. Imad Yousif Al-Banna
- Born in Tikrit, Iraq on October 11, 1988.
- In 2001 he was ordained as “Qoroyo” Deacon by His Eminence Mor Gregorios Saliba Shamoun at Mor Ephraim Church in Mosul, Iraq.
- In 2010 he was elevated to the rank of “Apodyaqno” Subdeacon by His Eminence Mor Gregorios Saliba Shamoun at Mor Ephraim Church in Mosul, Iraq.
- In 2010 he was selected to participate in preparatory theological studies at Mor Aphrem Monastery at Maarat Saydnaya, Syria.
- In 2010 he received his Bachelor degree in telecommunications engineering from the University of Mosul, Iraq.
- In 2013 he earned his Diploma in theological studies and the Syriac language from Mor Aphrem Monastery in Maarat Saydnaya, Syria overseen by the late Patriarch His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas.
- He was involved in many activities at the Syriac Orthodox Archdio- cese of Mosul and Kurdistan. He taught Syriac language and Bible studies under the direction of His Eminence Mor Nicodemus Daoud Sharaf.
- In 2015 His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Aphrem II, Patriarch of Antioch and All the East, transferred him to the Archdiocese of the Eastern United States.
- In 2016 he completed his English language studies from Bergen Community College, New Jersey.
- Since arriving to the Unites States, he led and participated in many activities in New Jersey and Michigan including Bible studies and summer camps.
- On December 16, 2016 he was ordained as “Ewngeloyo” Full Deacon by His Eminence Archbishop Mor Dionysius John Kawak, Patriarchal Vicar for the Archdiocese of the Eastern United States. Imad comes from a religious family. His father, V. Rev. Dr. Yousif Al-Banna, is a well-known priest in Mosul, Iraq, who is currently serving in London, England. Also, his three uncles are priests with distinguished records of service.